For the longest time, I’ve been prepping my salmon one way: Honey Cajun salmon with Cajun seasoning, honey, onion powder, and garlic powder (I’ll have to post the recipe on here someday). No other preparation could compare in terms of flavor… until now. This pan-cooked lemon dill parmesan salmon is so freaking delicious and easy I dare say I may have a new favorite way to cook my salmon! It’s just perfect served with steamed broccoli and rice pilaf.
It all starts with wild-caught salmon. Wild caught salmon contains less fat and saturated fat than farmed salmon, and it’s also higher in calcium, iron, potassium, and zinc. Not to mention, farmed salmon are fed artificial pink pigments to turn their flesh a red-pink hue; mimicking their wild counterparts, who their get vibrant color naturally from eating lots of plankton, krill and shrimp. It’s unknown whether or not these artificial pigments are healthy, plus farmed salmon are often contaminated with other chemicals (PCBs, dioxins, and pesticides) that probably shouldn’t be consumed.
Once you’ve got yourself some wild salmon, all you need is fresh lemon, grated Parmesan cheese, and a few spices: dill weed, garlic powder, and black pepper, kosher salt (optional). The combination of flavors is simply mouthwatering!
I cooked my salmon with olive oil, but you could also use avocado oil, butter, coconut oil, or any oil stable at moderate-high heat. Here’s the printable recipe! Please rate and comment below if you try it 🙂
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-4 oz. wild caught salmon fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-medium high heat.
- Place salmon fillets (thawed if frozen) in skillet, seasoning top side with spices, Parmesan, and a squeeze of lemon.
- After 2-4 minutes (depending on thickness), flip salmon and season second side in the same fashion as the first.
- Cook 2-4 minutes on the second side and serve hot. Enjoy!
- Calories (per serving): 157kcal, Fat: 6.3g, Sat fat: 1.5g, Carbs: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Sugar: 0g, Protein: 24g, Sodium: 254mg
- © 2017 No Excuses Nutrition. If you wish to publish this exact recipe digitally (website, blog, ebook) or in tangible format (cookbook, magazine), you must first request permission by emailing email@example.com. If publishing an adapted version with one or more ingredients changed, it is sufficient to mention "inspired by No Excuses Nutrition."