How long has it been since I posted a mug cake recipe??? Too long! And since I love coffee and donuts… this mocha mug cake is topped with Sweet Spreads Cashew Fit in Chocolate Glazed Donut!!! Have you been dying to try Sweet Spreads? Well now you can use my special promo code: NoExcuses20 and take 20% OFF your order at www.sweetspreads.com! Now let’s get to this recipe…
For the protein mug cake, I used MRM 100% All Natural Whey in Dutch Chocolate, plus some oat flour, brewed coffee, and instant coffee granules. I used nonfat plain Greek yogurt to keep it moist, but unsweetened applesauce will work too!
Besides the Chocolate Glazed Donut spread, this scrumptious treat is topped with a sugar free mocha drizzle, which is just unsweetened cocoa, Truvia, and more brewed coffee.
If you need an afternoon pick-me-up AND a macro-friendly chocolate fix, look no further! Please comment below if you try this recipe 😉
Mocha Protein Mug Cake
Makes 1 serving
Write a review
- 20g chocolate whey protein
- 3 tbsp. oat flour
- 1 tbsp. stevia (I use Truvia)
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. egg whites
- 2 tbsp. brewed coffee
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 tbsp. Sweet Spreads Cashew Fit in Chocolate Glazed Donut
- 2 tsp. brewed coffee
- 2 tsp. stevia (I use Truvia)
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Sprinkle instant coffee grounds
- Mix together dry ingredients then stir in wet (through vanilla).
- Lightly coat the inside of a large mug with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into mug and microwave 1:45-2:00 minutes.
- Dump out your "cake" onto a plate.
- Top with one tablespoon of Cashew Fit (optional).
- Mix together next three ingredients to make sugar free mocha sauce (optional).
- Drizzle with sugar free mocha sauce, sprinkle with instant coffee grounds for decoration (optional), and devour!
- Calories (including toppings): 299kcal, Fat: 10g, Sat fat: 3.2g, Carbs: 30g, Fiber: 10g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 31g, Sodium: 225mg
- Calories (minus toppings): 204kcal, Fat: 3.4g, Sat fat: 0.7g, Carbs: 26g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 26g, Sodium: 215mg
No Excuses Nutrition http://www.noexcusesnutrition.com/