I’m celebrating “Peanut Butter and Jelly Day” a day early with this glorious stack of peanut butter pancakes topped with smashed berries and drizzled in melted peanut butter. The pancakes are so tender and fluffy – easily my best and simplest pancake recipe! Every time I make these, I’m stuck on them for a few days because they are just that good.
The key ingredient is Jamie Eason Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein, which all-natural and can be used as a peanut spread, sauce, or mixed into shakes (use code “SARAH10” for 10% all orders from www.labrada.com)! I have tried this recipe with powdered peanut butter, but you need a little additional sweetener and it’s still not exactly the same. Jamie’s Peanut Protein is not equivalent to peanut butter-flavored protein powder, so I don’t recommend substituting your favorite whey, casein, or vegan protein in this recipe without other adjustments. Your pancakes will come out too dry!
The best part – you don’t even need jelly or syrup! Just heat up some berries and mash them up with a little sweetener. If you want to keep the fat content lower, mix 2 tbsp. Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein with water to your desired consistency and drizzle over top! But oh, how I love my fats and I love my peanut butter 😉
Here’s the recipe – I’d love your comments below if you try it!
- 40g Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein*
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 2/3 cup (5 large) egg whites
- 1/2 cup berries
- 1-2 tsp. Pyure organic stevia blend (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 tbsp. natural peanut butter*
- Mix together pancake ingredients in a medium bowl until no lumps remain. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into skillet 2-3 tbsp. at a time to make 5-6 small pancakes.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until underside is golden brown, then flip and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
- Heat berries in the microwave for one minute.
- Mash berries with sweetener to taste and pour over pancakes.
- Melt peanut butter in microwave for 30-60 seconds on LOW setting and drizzle over pancakes. Enjoy!
- Calories (minus toppings): 296kcal, Fat: 7.8g, Sat fat: 2.8g, Carbs: 24g, Fiber: 9g, Sugar: 6g, Protein: 35g, Sodium: 375mg
- Calories (with toppings): 421kcal, Fat: 15.8g, Sat fat: 4.3g, Carbs: 36g, Fiber: 12g, Sugar: 12g, Protein: 39g, Sodium: 414mg
- © 2016 No Excuses Nutrition. If you wish to publish this exact recipe digitally (website, blog, ebook) or in tangible format (cookbook, magazine), you must first request permission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If publishing an adapted version with one or more ingredients changed, it is sufficient to mention "inspired by No Excuses Nutrition."