In case you couldn’t tell, I am pretty excited for fourth of July tomorrow (it’s my second favorite holiday… after Thanksgiving). These patriotic peanut butter protein waffles were the perfect breakfast! I topped them with light whipped topping, organic strawberries, blueberries, and a few white chocolate chip “stars.” After the photo, I drizzled them with a little bit of pure maple syrup. Can you say HEAVEN?!
These waffles get their protein from egg whites and Jamie Eason’s Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein (use my code “SARAH10” for 10% off your order from www.labrada.com/store). Jamie’s peanut protein is similar to powdered peanut butter only it’s lightly sweetened with stevia, cane sugar and monk fruit. You can substitute powdered peanut butter if that’s all you have. The only other dry ingredients are Pyure Organic Stevia Blend (feel free to use sweetener of choice), coconut flour, and aluminum-free baking powder. If you don’t have coconut flour, feel free to substitute two tablespoons of any other flour (all-purpose flour, brown rice flour, gluten-free baking flour, oat flour, or wheat flour) and leave out or reduce the water to achieve a thick, pourable consistency.
The wet ingredients include egg whites, water or milk of choice, natural creamy peanut butter, and vanilla extract. For a vegan version, try two tablespoons of ground chia seeds soaked in five tablespoons of water instead of the egg whites. After incorporating the chia mixture, continue adding water or non-dairy milk to the batter until you reaching the desired consistency. I have found that using milk rather than water yields a more tender waffle, but either one works!
Now, here’s the recipe! Please rate and comment below if you try it 🙂
- 50g (1/2 cup) Lean Body for Her Peanut Protein*
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour*
- 1 tbsp. Pyure organic stevia blend*
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup (4 large) egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- *See above for substitutions
- Preheat waffle griddle (I set mine one notch below medium).
- Whisk together dry ingredients (through baking powder) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients (through vanilla extract) and mix until combined.
- Add fill waffle griddle with batter and cook until golden brown.
- Add desired toppings and enjoy!
- Calories (per large waffle): 210kcal, Fat: 8.6g, Sat fat: 2.1g, Carbs: 17g, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 20g, Sodium: 207mg
- © 2017 No Excuses Nutrition. If you wish to publish this exact recipe digitally (website, blog, ebook) or in tangible format (cookbook, magazine), you must first request permission by emailing email@example.com. If publishing an adapted version with one or more ingredients changed, it is sufficient to mention "inspired by No Excuses Nutrition."